Andrew Philpot and John Fury are managers of the James River State Park - venue of the 2nd Annual James River Rooftop Tent Rally. Listen in to this interview by Richmond Outside / Views From the Treehouse podcast, as Andrew and John discuss the Rooftop Tent Rally and the growing overlanding movement.
EVENT HOSTED BY:
Join us for the second annual James River State Park Roof Top Tent Rally, October 19-21 in Gladstone, Virginia! Hang out with other overlanders and outdoor lovers - and enjoy a weekend of camping with good people, good music, and fun on the river and trails.
This event will feature:
- Adventure travel gear vendors.
- Live music by Deep Creek Band.
- Bold Rock Cider will have hard cider for sale Saturday night during the live music.
- 20 miles of biking/hiking trails.
- 8 miles of James River for kayaking, fishing, or swimming.
- Fall Harvest Festival.
- Overlander outdoor movie screenings
- Connecting with other overlanders.
- Craft Beer Exchange (social hour on Friday evening). Bring local, craft beer from your region to trade with others.
- Cooking contest: win a Tembo Tusk skottle (12 participants only - so sign up early). To enter contact Jennifer Ruzicka of Family Adventures Overlanding. Contest hosted by Tembo Tusk and Family Adventures Overlanding.
- Friends of James River State Park will be raffling off a CVT brand rooftop tent. Tickets will be an additional $10 cash only at the event.
Take time to explore the James River State Park: go mountain biking or hiking on 20 miles of trails. Enjoy access to the James River. Have fun at the Fall Festival on Saturday or just enjoy the beauty of the rolling meadows and spectacular views.
TENTS & TRAILERS:
Ground tents and off-road trailers (under 20ft.) are welcome. RVs and campers are not permitted at this event.
FIRES & FIREWOOD:
Above ground firepit w/fire pan that prevents ground scorching is required. DO NOT BRING FIREWOOD: NO OUTSIDE FIREWOOD IS ALLOWED. Firewood will be for sale in the park - made available by Friends of James River State Park (a non-profit charity).
Ice will be for sale by Friends of James River State Park (a non-profit charity).
It is recommended to bring vehicular leveling blocks.
Early registration: $22 per vehicle / camping unit.
Registration at the event: $40
SEE BELOW FOR REGISTRATION FORM.
Please direct all registration questions to: email@example.com
Each registration comes with a ticket for door prizes given away on Sunday morning (must be present to win.
Check-in begins on Friday October 19, 2018 at 1 p.m. and check-out is Sunday October 21 at 2 p.m. Main entry gate is open until 10pm. If arriving later please call John Fury (Assistant Park Manager, James River State Park) at: 434-942-1339 (cell)
James River State Park, Amphitheater Field.
104 Green Hill Dr., Gladstone, VA 24553